WHAT YOU WILL GAIN
· Personal Well-Being and Improved Health
· Provide Professional Ayurvedic Wellness Coaching (this is an introductory Level 1 Health Educator training. Level 2 and 3 will be offered in the future).
· Offer Ayurveda Preventive Health Education Classes on Diet and Lifestyle
· Be able to offer Ayurvedic Cooking Classes
· Offer Classes on Non-Pharmacological Ways to Improve Sleep
· Improve Digestion and Elimination for self and others
· Learn Stress Reduction Tools
· Practice How to Speak about Evidenced-Based Ayurveda
· Ayurveda Herbal Pharmacy Education
· Lineage Based Knowledge from a variety of Instructors
· Learn the basics Ayurvedic Pulse Diagnosis, called Nadi Vigyan
· How to Safely offer Ayurvedic Detoxification and Cleanses
· Learn how to Assess Body Types and Determine How to address Imbalances
-Learn Scope of Practice: Legal and Ethical Considerations
Classes are taught live online and recorded 1 weekend per month for 9 Weekends (Sat/Sun 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 pm and online two nights per month. Classes are taught in a traditional Ayurvedic linage tradition to integrate both theoretical and practical application. Each class starts with morning meditation to prepare the mind for knowledge. Lecture and course discussions are facilitated by a variety of instructors. A guided self-paced practicum encourages students to put knowledge into action what they learn from classes and home study.
2 online virtual classes twice a month via Zoom (Every other Thursday (6:30 pm to 7:30 pm). See the curriculum below.
Introduction to our unique style of learning which focuses on integration of Ayurveda not just the content. Objectives of month 1: Fundamental Aspects of Ayurveda and Vedic Studies. Overview of the 10-Month Course: History of Ayurveda, Sankya Philosophy, Introduction to the Doshic Theory. Introduction to Nadi Vigyan - Pulse Diagnosis. Each month you will be introduced to Ayurveda Herbal Profiles and Formulas for a total of 32.
Dinacharya and Self-Care Ayurvedic Lifestyle – Living in Harmony with the Laws of Nature:
· The Science of Mantra
· Introduction to the 8 limbs of Yoga
· Self -Massage Abhyanga Demo
· Silk Glove Massage for lymph
· Introduction to SVA- Self-Marma Therapy
· Ayurvedic Oral Hygiene
· RItucharya – Seasonal Routines.
· Sun Salutation Yogic Exercise
· Pranayama Instruction
· Ayurvedic Herbal Profiles
· Ayurvedic Anatomy – The Sub-doshas
Ayurvedic Diet and Cooking, Agni and Digestion
· The 6 tastes and their effect on Body and Mind
· The 3 Gunas in food and how they affect the mind and mood.
· Diet Recommendations for Body-MindType
· Food compatibilities and incompatibilities
· Eating Gudieline in Ayurveda – When, where, what and how to eat for creating good digestion and mood.
· Practical Application: Class cooks together (online cooking demo)
· Food as Medicine: Health Benefits of Spices
Ayurvedic Home Detoxification
· Introduction to Pancha Karma Theory – Ayurvedic Detoxification Benefits and Contraindications
· Home Detoxification Instructions
for a Safe Cleanse
· Herbs and Food to safely cleanse Colon, Liver, and Blood
· Introduction to Capstone Project
· 4 types of Bodily Toxins called Ama
· Concept of Bodily Wastes and their Functions
· Concepts of Ojas- Essence of life
· Malas -How to Evaluate Toxins in the Body
Srotas in their role of Detox
· Pulse Diagnosis Lesson 4
Ayurveda and the Subtle Body
· Evaluation and Experience of Home Cleanse
· How to safely facilitate a cleanse for a client – benefits and contraindications
· The Subtle Body: Koshas
· The Nadi System and Prana
· Detox for the Subtle Body
· Marma Theory and Instruction
· Nadi Massage for EMF
· The Chakras
· Pulse Diagnosis Lesson and Practice.
Introduction to Health Coaching and Practice:
· How to offer a Health Intake
· Working within Scope of Practice
· Herbal Profiles.
· Practice of Health Intakes in Class
· Communication Skills - handling resistance and non complianc
· Ayurveda Anatomy – the Dhatus
· Practice of Pulse Reading.
Ayurvedic Psychology - Sattvavijayanti
· Identifying the 7 red flags of mental health indicators and when to refer to a medical doctor.
· Learn tools to reduce anxiety and improve mental and emotional well-being.
· Practice of ayurvedic pulse taking,
· Ayurvedic Pharmacy for maximizing mental ability and nourishing the emotions
· Ayurveda’s Approach to Grief, Depression, and Anxiety
· Improving Memory and Mental Focus
· Learn Focusing Techniques for Self-Referral Awareness
· Practice of Pulse Reading
Ayurveda Protocols for Various Doshic Imbalances:
· Protocols for Improved Sleep
· Protocols for Improved Digestion and Elimination
· Protocols for Stress Reduction
· Protocols for Weight Balance
· Continuation of Pulse Diagnosis Lesson
· Case Studies and Practicum Guidelines
· Practice of Pulse Reading
Ayurvedic Practice and Management
· Legal, Ethical Aspects of Ayurvedic practice
· HIPAA Compliance
· How to build and sustain an Ayurveda practice that fits your mind/body type
· Working within Scope of Practice
· Herbal Profiles
· Pulse Lesson and Practice
· Attuning Ayurveda for yourself and others
· Final Exam
· Overview of the Ayurveda Health Coaching Course
· Presentation on Ayurveda Advanced Learning Options.
· Presentation of Class Projects and Graduation Ceremony with Guest Speaker
Advanced Knowledge Course Optional after completion of Fundamentals of Ayurveda
Two Exams will be given, one mid-term and one final exam must be passed with 78% pass. Final Class Project and Practicum Hours must be completed before graduation.
Practicum hours must be completed outside of the classroom and recorded: Individual intakes and evaluations, meeting with supervisor, and/or other hours may include giving classes, articles, and PR work as a Community Health Educator. This is a 300- hour course, practicum hours, homework hours and class attendance need to add up to 300 hours. Approximately 5 hours per week or 20 hours per month are required to work on homework, practicum, and the end of the year class project.
The Capstone Class Project is a minimum of 12 hours and maximum of 45 hours. Examples of prior class projects: Video tutorial of some aspect of Ayurveda that you would like to post to youtube or website. Development of a food or herbal product to market and sell, Yoga class advanced Ayurveda class development, a cookbook, community garden with Ayurvedic vegetables or herbs, or other ideas are welcome. The end of the year class project incorporates what one has learned through out the year. It’s a great opportunity to demonstrate what you have gained from the 9-month program.
The cost of the online Ayurveda Health Educator/Coach program is $3000 and will meet one weekend per month from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 pm. Payment can be made in full or paid in 2 parts. There is an additional materials fee: textbooks and other items needed for class costs approximately $295 or less if you decide to purchase used textbooks and materials fee is also required by March 10th 2021. To apply call 847 636 2744. The certificate is both offered through NEIU and Ayurveda Amritanam Learning Center. The in person program (when it's safe to meet due to covid19) meets in person on different weekend dates and is from 9:00 to 3:00 one weekend per month.